Another quick and easy recipe for you this week. These flavorful corn muffins go well with winter soups and stews (like our awesome chili).
Allergen-free Corn Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- 1 package Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free corn muffin mix
- 1 tablespoon EnerG Egg replacer mixed into ¼ cup hot water or 2 eggs if you can eat eggs
- 1 ½ cups Almond milk or milk if you can eat dairy
- 5 1/3 tablespoons melted Earth Balance margarine or butter if you can eat dairy
- 1 small can Green chilies or sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together and beat with electric mixer until blended. Then mix for 1 additional minute.
- Stir in chilies or olives.
- Using a scoop divide batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until muffins are at 200 degrees with an instant read thermometer.
- Cool on rack 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool. These freeze well.