Happy Spring! With the arrival of wonderful local asparagus and new potatoes it seemed like it was time to roast up some delicious side dishes. Beautiful thing about this dish is that you can roast asparagus and potatoes together on the same baking sheet. And you can always add variety by doing this with different types of vegetables. It’s such an easy way to add some color to your plate! All you need to do is grill some chicken or salmon and you’ve got an amazing, wonderful, tasty, healthy and nutritious spring meal.
Spring Roasted Veggies
- 1 pound asparagus, with tough ends broken off.
- 1 ½ pounds small new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- Ground pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Oil pan. Scrub potatoes but leave skin on. I like to cut them in half so the cut side touches the pan and gets super brown and crispy.
- Place asparagus and potatoes onto the baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,
- Roast until asparagus are just tender to the fork, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove them to serving platter.
- Return potatoes to oven until very brown and crispy, another 10 to 15 minutes.
We’re so excited that spring has finally arrived and just can’t get enough of the spring veggies – what are some of your favorites?